If you’re interested in luxury cars, the Rolls Royce brand is definitely on your radar. There are super expensive models like the Rolls Royce Phantom that we can all dream of owning, so we were delighted when Rolls Royce recently launched the Ghost model, which is well below the price tag of its big brother. The Rolls Royce Ghost is a luxury sedan much like the Phantom, but designed to be more measured and realistic. For a little over $300,000, luxury car enthusiasts can consider this car a steal considering it’s part of the Rolls Royce family.
The Rolls Royce Ghost: Everything You Need To Know
Rolls Royce Ghost Series II Overview
First things first, the model got its name from one of the most famous cars in history, the Silver Ghost. While this is a huge legacy to live up to, the Rolls Royce Ghost succeeds. The head designer for the Ghost is Helmut Riedl, the same person who designed the Phantom. When the Ghost was first announced, people were wary of an “entry level” luxury car, but it has proven to be one of the most popular vehicles Rolls Royce has put out.
The Ghost measures 212.6 inches from bonnet to boot, making it the smallest car Rolls Royce has produced. It is also the lightest model. However, though it is small, it still looks just as elegant as any other Rolls Royce. The Spirit of Ecstasy sits regally on the hood, accented by the iconic grill below.
This car may be on the smaller side, but it is very powerful! It sports a 6.6 liter V12 twin-turbocharged engine with 563 horsepower and 575 lb-ft of torque. These numbers give it 110 more horsepower than its big sibling, the Phantom. It can even go toe-to-toe with some sports cars. The Rolls Royce Ghost Series II can go from 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, with top speeds of 155 mph. Additionally, it has great fuel economy. While in the city, it only takes 15 mpg and on highways, it takes 20 mpg.
The following key features will blow anyone’s mind:
- Gearbox: Satellite technology and GPS data aid the gearbox of the car through communicating details of your surroundings and anticipating what is best for the car. This mapping technology will shift your transmission accordingly and give you the smoothest gearshifts of your life.
- Sound-Isolation Technology: If you’re going through a loud and busy street, the car’s sound-isolation technology will block the noise out. This technology is so thorough, that you can hardly hear the roar of the powerful engine from inside the car. Additionally, its suspension is so good, you can barely feel the bumpiness and unevenness of roads.
- Sophisticated Interior: The interior of the car exudes luxury. The iconic thin steering wheel is light and precise. The dashboard is decorated with beautiful Paldao wood from the rainforests of Southeast Asia. The plush leather seats are heated and reclining. They even have a massage function!
- Tech-Savvy: The Rolls Royce Ghost is perfect for techies as well. The Spirit of Ecstasy Rotary Controller lets you connect to the internet at the touch of a button. Yes, you read it right. This car comes with onboard WiFi. You can send emails, share files, and take audio and video calls by just using this rotary controller. All of this is displayed on the Ghost’s beautiful 10.25 inch HD screens.
- Bespoke Audio: For audio buffs, this car is like a moving concert hall. The Ghost comes with Bespoke Audio, which may be the best engineered automotive audio system. There are 18 speakers that have theater and studio settings to make you feel like you’re right in the middle of the action. You don’t even have to worry about the noise coming from outside because each speaker has frequency and phase correction.
For those who are able to purchase a brand new Ghost, you get a four-year comprehensive ownership package. This package includes servicing, repairs, maintenance, and roadside assistance. Every Rolls Royce Ghost also comes with a feature that monitors important things like the engine oil, brake pads, and filters. This information is given to the dealership, so when you come in for scheduled maintenance, they know exactly how to cater to the particulars of your car.
Beyond just scheduled maintenance, the day-to-day care of a Rolls Royce is a must (and why wouldn’t you, it’s a Rolls Royce!):
- First, wash it regularly. The accumulated dust and dirt can damage the paint on your car.
- Second, use high-quality cleaning materials for your car. Don’t skimp on the upkeep.
- Third, practice common sense. Don’t park it out in the open, where it can be exposed to the elements. Just because it has a powerful engine doesn’t mean you should go hard braking all the time. Slow down when you’re on rocky terrain or uneven roads and just generally use your best judgment.
- Finally, follow your car maintenance schedule. This is a precision instrument and only the best engineers and specialists should fiddle with it.
For a closer look at both the exterior and interior of the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II, check out this video by SuperCarTube. They show off the 2017 edition of the vehicle at the 2017 Chicago Auto Show:
Even if the Rolls Royce Phantom is the current king of luxury sedans, the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II offers similar luxury at a fraction of the price. It’s a powerful car with fancy interiors and advanced technology. If you’re looking to purchase a luxury car, why not consider this one?
What do you think of the Rolls Royce Ghost Series II? Let us know in the comments below!
Up Next: Top 10 Luxury Cars
Featured Image via Dong liu / Shutterstock.com